Skiing Places 10th at Williams Carnival

By Lisa Kennelly, Crimson Staff Writer

Led by women’s Nordic captain Anna McLoon, the Harvard skiing teams skated to a 10th place finish this weekend at the Williams Carnival.

McLoon, who has already won an event this season—the 5K Classic at the Vermont Carnival two weeks ago—finished second in the 10K Free Technique with a time of 29:52.4, and is expected to make a strong showing at the upcoming EISA Championships.

Freshman Jenna Harlow, the other Crimson cross-country skier in the race, took 45th with a time of 35:53.2.

The men’s Nordic team was led by freshman Magnus Grimeland, in his first collegiate race after returning from a military obligation in his home country of Norway. Grimeland took 55th in the 10K Free Technique with a time of 32:06.7.

Other Harvard finishers were senior Ross Macdonald and freshman Russ Leino in 59th and 60th, respectively.

The lone men’s alpine skier was freshman Daniel Tsai, who has been a rock for the team thus far this season. Tsai took 37th in the men’s grand slalom with a time of 2:00.57, but did not complete the slalom course.

Sophomore Susannah Dickerson took 44th in the women’s GS with a time of 2:24.16, followed by senior Rachael Wagner who was 46th with a time of 2:45.93.

In the slalom, Dickerson finished 38th in 2:14.94, while Wagner was 41st with a time of 2:31.74.

Next up for the Crimson is the conclusion of the regular season with the EISA Championships, held Feb. 27-28 at the Middlebury Carnival.

Skiing