SPORTS BRIEF: Depleted Crimson founders at IC4A, ECAC Championships

By The Crimson Staff

In very limited action this weekend, the Harvard track and field team chose to keep most of its athletes at home instead of sending them to the IC4A and ECAC championships.

The two events were held in Boston—the former hosting the men and the latter hosting the women.

In the women’s portion of the meet, Georgetown ran away with the championship by scoring 65 points—with the second-place Northeastern 16 points behind.

On Sunday, freshman Jan Ng and senior Laura Maludzinski grabbed a combined five points for the Crimson by crossing the line in 2:10.90 and 2:11.16, respectively, in the 800-meter run. Ng took sixth while Maludzinski followed her up in seventh.

In the high jump, freshman Rebecca Christensen cleared a height of 1.78 meter to earn six points—tied for second in the event, behind the 1.82 clearance of Debra Vento of Duke.

Meanwhile, the Crimson men did not manage to earn a single point in their half of the meet—although the team only sent three competitors as representation at the competition.

Sophomore Christopher Green’s time of 2:29.78 in the 1000-meter race earned him 21st place, while senior James Kelly was 20th with a time of 8:35.39 in the 3000 meters.

Junior Sean Barrett was the third and final Harvard competitor, and he took 16th place for the Crimson in the 5000 meter run.

He crossed the finish line at 14:34.35.

—THE CRIMSON STAFF

Track and Cross Country