Ezra Rapoport sports a pair of high-tech, low-fashion shades.

Spectacular.

At this point, most senior thesis writers have finally submitted their souls in 100 pages and twelve-point font and are
By Ximena S. Vengoechea

At this point, most senior thesis writers have finally submitted their souls in 100 pages and twelve-point font and are ready to slack off and enjoy senior spring. But Ezra J. Rapoport ’06 isn’t showing any signs of slowing down.

The engineering sciences concentrator just finished his senior thesis project: wireless glasses that let the user chat on his cell through the earpiece. And the Mather resident isn’t stopping there. Rapoport intends on improving his invention by adding a video projector to the glasses to view Internet searches and text messages on the lenses themselves.

Even without that extra feature, though, Rapoport is already on his way to early retirement. A 2002 Intel Science Talent Search winner and CEO of his own acoustic engineering firm LONO, Rapoport has earned his bragging rights. LONO, also run by Nicholas P. Orenstein ’05, David J. Jakus ’06, and James D. Moran ’05, is working on a wireless fetal heart monitor, a project which has put the team as the favored finalist in the Peltier Business Plan Competition in Texas.

Even though inventing keeps him so busy, it’s become a way of life. When Rapoport could barely keep up with his packed schedule, he wrote a program connecting his cell phone to his Outlook e-mail, and now gets reminders from his e-mail in text messages.

It seems that this science whiz has never failed, and he’d probably be the first to agree.

“I always win,” he said. “I’m serious.”