SENIOR SPOTLIGHT: Jennifer Raimondi

By Gabriel M. Velez, Crimson Staff Writer

In one fell swoop, senior Jennifer Raimondi put the Crimson in place for its postseason run—a run that eventually led to a berth in the NCAA tournament.

With her goal at the end of regulation in the season finale against Clarkson, Raimondi gave the Harvard women’s hockey team a chance to clinch home ice for the upcoming playoff series between the two squads.

Raimondi’s goal with one second left in overtime made that a reality.

Riding the momentum from those two goals, the Crimson managed to slide by the Golden Knights in three games in the ECAC quarterfinals, going on to upset No. 1-seeded St. Lawrence in the semifinal and take home the conference championship and an automatic NCAA berth.

The pair of high-pressure goals capped a season in which Raimondi bore much of the offensive burden for the Crimson. She led the team with an average of 1.05 points per game—the 28th-best mark in the country.

And when the final buzzer on her career sounded as the Crimson fell to UNH in the Frozen Eight, Raimondi’s offense in her senior season had carried Harvard to an impressive run down the stretch.

—GABRIEL M. VELEZ

Women's Ice Hockey