Goldenberg Elected New CEB Chairman

By Nicholas A. Ciani, Crimson Staff Writer

With promises of movie screenings and sing-alongs to be held in new student spaces, the leadership of the College’s second College Events Board (CEB) was named Tuesday night.

S. Adam Goldenberg ’08 will serve as chair of the board, rising from the vice-chair position he held during the CEB’s first semester of operation under outgoing chair Tessa C. Petrich ’07. C. Kai Wu ’09 will succeed Goldenberg as vice-chair.

Goldenberg said that he expects the CEB to attempt to put on “more consistent, smaller-scale programming this year” in addition to the traditional large events—the next example being Yardfest in April—that have marked previous semesters. He cited the December Lion King sing-along co-sponsored by the CEB as one such smaller-scale event.

Goldenberg named the Queen’s Head Pub at Loker Commons—slated to open late in the spring semester—and the fledgling Student Organization Center at Hilles (SOCH) as potential hosts for the smaller programming he envisions.

But Goldenberg said these plans were not concrete because the pub’s management structure has not yet been finalized.

“The College is still in the process of hiring a general manager for the pub,” said Campus Life Fellow John T. Drake ’06. “When that manager is hired they will be setting policies and practices for booking with their student team.”

While SOCH manager David R. Friedrich said that he had not yet spoken with Goldenberg personally, the CEB will share the same rights to schedule events at the center as all other “recognized and registered student organizations.”

The other CEB executive board electees were Treasurer Shaan K. Hathiramani ’08, Secretary Jack F. Pararas ’08, and Publicity Director Chinwe U. Nwosu ’08.

Also elected were Neesha M. Rao ’08, Yardfest Coordinator; Michael E. Blair ’08, House events coordinator; Christopher N. Lewis ’09, Welcome Back Event coordinator; Julie R. S. Fogarty ’08, Harvard-Yale pep rally coordinator; and Reva P. Minkoff ’08 and Iheanacho O. Emeruwa ’09, First-Year Social Committee liasons.

Goldenberg and Minkoff are both Crimson editorial editors. Fogarty is a Crimson associate sports chair. Pararas is a Crimson magazine editor.

—Staff writer Nicholas A. Ciani can be reached at nciani@fas.harvard.edu.