Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Citing Toxic Culture and Administrator Departures, Harvard School of Public Health Faculty Repeatedly Weighed Voting No Confidence in Dean

Elizabeth Wurtzel ’89, Who Collected Friends ‘Like Beads on a String,’ Dies at 52

Multimedia

The Photos That Captured the 2010s

Harvard Falls Short with Loss to St. Lawrence

By Peter G. Cornick, Contributing Writer

After fighting back to tie its game at 3 goals apiece, the Harvard men's hockey team (2-3-1) couldn't replicate the success of its football brethren, falling, 4-3, to St. Lawrence (4-6-0) Saturday night in Canton, N.Y.

The Crimson was the first on the scoreboard, with freshman defenseman Patrick McNally taking advantage on the power play. Two minutes later, the Saints had a power play goal of their own from rookie Chris Martin. St. Lawrence was 2-for-4 on its power play opportunities and took the lead through another power play goal with five minutes left in the first period.

Continuing the trend, Harvard scored on its next power play opportunity, with junior defenseman Danny Biega notching his second goal of the weekend in the opening seconds of the second period.

The Saints regained the lead halfway through the second another Martin goal–his second of the game–and despite sophomore defenseman Dan Ford's equalizer halfway through the third period, St. Lawrence took the lead for good with a goal from freshman Gunnar Hughes.

The loss makes the Crimson's record 1-1 on its weekend road trip.

-Check thecrimson.com for updates.

Men's Ice Hockey