In Photos: Boston Ballet’s Fall Experience

By Addison Y. Liu, Crimson Staff Writer
By Addison Y. Liu

Boston Ballet opens its 60th season with Fall Experience, a dynamic collection of four pieces that captures the joy and beauty of dance. Moving musical arrangements, innovative choreography, and mesmerizing dancers came together in this inspirational show — one that is truly the experience of the year.

The show commences with a selection from Bach Cello Suites, fusing classical foundations with contemporary refinement. Renowned Russian-born cellist Sergey Antonov accompanies dancers in Johann Sebastian Bach’s Cello Suites No. 1, 2, and 10.

Principal dancers Derek Dunn and Ji Young Chae form a delightfully powerful and elegant duo on stage.

The piece is choreographed by Jorma Elo, who has created more than 60 works for acclaimed ballet companies worldwide.

The second piece, Hans van Manen’s Trois Gnossiennes, features a conversation between the piano and the dancer duo. Throughout the work, both dancers and the instrument move across the stage.

Choreographer My’kal Stromile makes his debut with the world premiere of Form and Gesture, an anthology of four scenes.

Colorful costumes and high-flying moves make for a piece infused with energy, passion, and spirit.

Company artist Henry Griffin shines under the spotlight, bringing Stromile’s choreography to life.

Dancers in holographic skirts move against a backdrop of red panes, shaping a complex interplay between light and shadow.

Dancers illuminate the stage with their grace and vitality, pairing perfectly with the bold music and intense lighting.

This dazzling piece punctuates the experience with raw emotion and brilliance — the show undeniably lives up to its name and more.

Photo EssayFront Photo Feature