Webster Continues To Step Up

By Brian A. Campos, Crimson Staff Writer

Sophomore guard Christian Webster followed up a 29-point performance against Mercer on Saturday with a less flashy but very critical showing against Bryant this afternoon. With only 23 seconds left on the clock, Webster sank one of his two three-pointers of the afternoon to put Harvard up by two. The sophomore finished the game with nine points in 37 minutes, a sharp contrast from his production over the weekend, but his effort was nonetheless important for the Crimson's winning ways. Harvard has won the past three games after starting out the season with a loss to George Mason.

Another important highlight of the game was the return of sophomore forward Kyle Casey, who is recovering from a broken foot, an injury sustained previous to the start of the season. The forward played only a limited amount of minutes (14) but was able to contribute five points, two of which came from the free-throw line. The reigning Ivy League Rookie of the Year is obviously taking his time in an effort to return to the starting five. With several games left in its nonconference schedule and players like Webster stepping up for the team, the Crimson can afford to rest the star forward in order to get him ready for Ivy League play starting in January.

Men's BasketballSports Blog