Magic of Numbers: Countdown to the End of Shopping Period

By Steven T.A. Roach, Crimson Staff Writer

Each Thursday, The Crimson will compile a series of unique statistics about Harvard's sports scene. Welcome to the Magic of Numbers—without the problem sets. We'll do the math for you.

Let the countdown begin!

10 - the ranking of the Harvard men’s soccer team at the start of the year.

9 - the number of players on the Harvard women’s tennis team as it kicks off its season at the William & Mary Invitational this weekend.

8 - the number of goals the Harvard men’s water polo team scored in a one-goal loss to the Boston Metro Elite...

7 - the number of goals netted in each of the Harvard women’s field hockey team’s first two games, with the Crimson winning 6-1 over Holy Cross and 5-2 over Bryant.

6 - the number of consecutive wins the women’s soccer team has recorded over the University of New Hampshire.

5 - the number of sets it took for the Crimson women’s volleyball team to defeat Bryant in Saturday’s Harvard Invitational.

4 - the total number of goals scored in a 2-2 tie for Harvard women’s soccer versus Long Island last Friday.

3 – total goals tallied in the soccer game as Brian Rogers scored in the 80th minute and the Crimson won its first game of the season.

2 - the number of victories thus far for the Harvard men’s soccer team.

1 - the number of wins the Harvard men’s water polo team has so far this season.

0 - percent chance Crimson Editor Martin Kessler has in beating former Harvard wrestler and NCAA champion JP O’Connor in the Crimson faceoff.

Sports Blog