‘It’s a Limbo’: Grad Students, Frustrated by Harvard’s Response to Bullying Complaint, Petition for Reform

Community Groups Promote Vaccine Awareness Among Cambridge Residents of Color

Students Celebrate Upcoming Harvard-Yale Game at CEB Spirit Week

Harvard Epidemiologist Michael Mina Resigns, Appointed Chief Science Officer at eMed

Harvard Likely to Loosen Campus Covid Restrictions in the Spring, Garber Says

Hatch To Replace Injured Winters at QB for Harvard

By Kate Leist, Crimson Staff Writer

The Harvard football team has its starting quarterback, and his name is Andrew Hatch.

The senior and former LSU signal caller won the starting job in preseason after senior Collier Winters, a second-team All-Ivy pick last year and the incumbent starter, suffered an injury that will likely be season-ending in an intrasquad scrimmage.

“He’s got a torn adductor muscle, he’s also got a torn labrum, so it would be miraculous to see him again this season,” Crimson coach Tim Murphy said. “That doesn’t mean it can’t happen, but we’re certainly not counting on it.”

That leaves Hatch in sole possession of the quarterback job. Though the senior has never started a game for Harvard, he did make three starts for the then-defending national champion LSU squad in 2008.

“We’re very fortunate to be in a position where we’re getting a very good quarterback, a kid who has started games in the SEC,” Murphy said. “We’re very confident that we can compete on a championship level with Andrew in there, even though we lost a great player in Collier.”

To read more about Hatch and the rest of the Crimson football squad, check out The Crimson’s annual football preseason supplement, hitting newsstands Friday. Harvard opens its season at home against Holy Cross on Saturday at 7 pm.

FootballSports Blog