Harvard Tennis Courts Undergo Resurfacing

By Tyler Kugler, Contributing Writer

Despite Harvard University boasting a 24-court tennis facility, varsity and recreational players alike were left searching for a place to hit throughout the fall.

Beginning just weeks prior to freshman move-in, the courts at the Beren Tennis Center and Murr Centers underwent complete court resurfacing. The construction, which was recently completed, left Harvard’s tennis community in search of a place to play.

Many ventured over to the QRAC’s four-court venue, where a unique blend of community members, club players, and varsity athletes converged in search of court space.

While the resurfacing may have caused frustration, many feel the pristine new courts were worth the wait. The completed courts—six located at the Murr center and 18 at the Beren Tennis Center—boast a fresh new paint job modeled after the US Open’s blue courts.

The new courts will see their first action this weekend as Harvard hosts the Chowder Fest Tournament featuring defending NCAA National Champion USC, Michigan, and Texas A&M.

Men's TennisWomen's TennisSports Blog