Nadler, Scales Recognized by Business Insider

Senior running back Treavor Scales led the Ivy League in rushing this year, but was recognized by Business Insider for also performing in a  German play.
Senior running back Treavor Scales led the Ivy League in rushing this year, but was recognized by Business Insider for also performing in a German play.
By Hope Schwartz, Crimson Staff Writer

Two Harvard athletes were named to Business Insider’s list of the 22 most impressive students at Harvard on Tuesday. The list, which features predominantly seniors, includes cancer researchers, business founders, and published writers.

The list recognized alpine skier Rebecca Nadler, who made history last year when she became the first Harvard skier to win a national title. In her years as a Crimson skier, the junior has taken the alpine program to new heights, handing Harvard its first EISA carnival win and becoming the first to attend NCAAs.

In her quest for the title, Nadler edged rival Kate Ryley of the University of Vermont by .38 seconds, cruising to victory in the giant slalom with one of the widest margins in recent NCAA history.

In addition to Nadler, the list highlighted senior running back Treavor Scales, who was also named one of the Crimson’s 15 seniors to meet before they graduate. Scales is best known for his heroics on the field, most recently a 63-yard touchdown run to hand Harvard its sixth straight victory over Yale in November.

Scales’ flashy ending was just another demonstration of what he did for Harvard football his entire career. Scales made the all-conference team four straight years, leading the league in rushing as a senior.

In addition to Scales’ football career, Business Insider focused on the running back’s academic pursuits. In earning a German language citation, the economics concentrator performed in a play last spring for his German Drama and Theater class and is also involved in DAPA.

FootballSkiing