Athlete of the Week Runner-Up: Week of April 22

By Ty Aderhold, Contributing Writer

After Christine Lin led the Harvard women’s golf team to the Ivy League title and a berth in the NCAA Regional Championships, the freshman earned The Crimson’s Athlete of the Week honors. With a big weekend of sports on the books, The Back Page looks at some other great performances:

Caleb Zimmick, Men’s Volleyball

The sophomore helped lead Harvard to its first-ever postseason win in a 3-2 victory over George Mason Thursday night. Zimmick recorded 13 kills and a team-high seven blocks and led the Crimson with a total of 19.5 points on the match. In Saturday’s loss to Penn State in the EIVA finals, Zimmick had six kills on seven attempts for a .714 hitting percentage.

Kasey Lange, Softball

On Thursday, the junior hit her 11th home run of the season to give her 28 on her career and tie her with Tiffany Whitton for most in program history. Lange wasted no time in setting a new record, as she blasted two more homers over the weekend to give her 30.

Ian Audrey, Men’s Lacrosse

The freshman scored four goals in the Crimson’s 11-10 loss to Yale on Saturday. Harvard needed a win to earn a spot in the Ivy League playoffs, and Audrey stepped up to lead the Crimson offense in scoring. It was just Ardrey’s ninth appearance on the season. The freshman had only five goals on the season coming into the game, and his four goals doubled his previous career-high.

Harvard-Radcliffe Lightweight Crew

The Harvard-Radcliffe lightweights wore special blue and yellow shirts that said “Row for Boston” as the team competed on the Charles Saturday morning against MIT. Both the varsity eight and second varsity eight won by more than 10 seconds and finished their respective seasons undefeated.

Andy Nguyen, Men’s Tennis

The No. 21 Harvard men’s tennis team won its second straight Ivy League title and earned a berth to the NCAA tournament with its 6-1 win over Dartmouth on Saturday. Co-captain Andy Nguyen won at No. 3 singles, 6-3, 6-1, over Cameron Ghorbani. Nguyen, who is the only senior on the team, finished the season 12-2 at the No. 4 singles spot and 16-9 in doubles matches with his freshman partner Nicholas Mahlangu.

Athlete Of The Week