Harvard Football for Dummies

After finishing the 2014 season undefeated for just the third time in a century, the Harvard football team will look to take home another title.

The Harvard-Yale game is rapidly approaching, and if you’re like most Harvard students, chances are you haven’t been to a single game this season. In fact, you have no idea who’s on the team or how the team has been playing this season or what sport is even being played this weekend. Here to save you is Flyby’s Harvard football update to get you up to speed on what you’ve missed this season.

The Record

The Harvard football team’s record is 8-1 (W to L) overall, 5-1 within the conference. The only team they’ve lost to so far is Princeton, which happens to be the top team in the conference right now, with a record of 6-0. Harvard is currently ranked second, so if we beat Yale and Princeton loses to Dartmouth this weekend, Harvard will share the title of conference champions.

The Main Players

To impress your friends at the Game and sound like you really know what you’re talking about, name-dropping is definitely a thing you’ll have to do. Senior Joshua L. Boyd, a defensive linebacker and consistent playmaker, captains the Crimson team this year. The quarterback is junior Conner A. Hempel, while sophomore running back Paul M. Stanton will be another player to watch. Tim Murphy, who has been the most successful head coach in all of Harvard’s football history, is a good name to toss around, too.

The Competitor

Yale’s record this year is 3-3, and the Bulldogs don’t exactly have a history of pulling themselves together in time for the Game. If history is any indication, we don’t have much to worry about this year.

YaleThe GameFlyby Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.