What Your Favorite Annenberg Cookie Says About You

‱
By Joule P. Voelz

Because we all miss those Seventeen Magazine quizzes.

The Ranger: Since HUDS has been known to write “Ranger cookie” when describing what the “Ranger cookie” is made of, choosing this risky flavor means you’re not afraid of the unknown, and are also not irritated by the occasional vague description. The Ranger cookie’s oatmeal gives it a chewier taste than the others and reflects your resilient, rugged nature.

Oatmeal Raisin: You are easily confused and pick up cookies too quickly before you realize that the raisins are not chocolate. Although your fast-paced nature and efficiency is applauded, taking the time to observe the nature of the dark objects in your food may serve you well in the future. If you legitimately and knowingly choose to eat the raisins, you are good at dealing with disappointment and/ or have a tremendously positive attitude that allows you to look at the glass completely full when it is in fact, full of raisins.

Chocolate Chip: You are a classic, quintessential human being who appreciates simple comforts. Although this cookie may not taste quite like your parents make them back home, you’ve got a streak of nostalgia in you that appreciates what you can understand. You are a person who seeks stability, and who is able to move beyond the mistakes your oatmeal raisin peers have made. Or you just know a decent cookie when you see one.

Carnival Cookie: With six different kinds of food coloring on its M&M shell, this is a cookie that screams “fun.”  You’re the kind of person who rewards yourself in the middle of the week (since this cookie is traditionally served on Wednesdays) just ‘cause, someone who looks at each day as a sort of celebration, and who loves sugar and is not afraid to consume it by the pound.

Sugar Cookie: You appreciate everything classic and uncomplicated, but you are pretty unlikely to take risks, and rather just enjoy the simple things in life. You're almost like your chocolate chip loving friends, but less likely to drink on a Thursday night.

Double Chocolate Chip: You have good taste. Informal and not wholly accurate surveys throughout Annenberg have proven that this is the best cookie, and your choice showcases your refined palate. It is probably part of the reason you are here today, able to enjoy this end-of-the-week treat with the full knowledge that you have earned it. You’re the kid who spent your last summer before freshman fall meeting the Dalai Lama, advising President Obama, and teaching algebra to children in Bangladesh. You were the one who brought a finished rĂ©sumĂ© to student activities fair. You’ve even figured out how to do all of the Gov 20 readings before they are due—you’ve really got your act together.

None: You exercise a lot of self-control or believe you are too good for Annenberg cookies and have your cookies shipped exclusively from Insomnia. For the former, your will to avoid the freshman fifteen is admirable and rare, and showcases all that is unique about your willpower and determination. Pro-tip for the Insomnia junkies: microwaving the double chocolate chip in this dining hall saves you $1.50 and will leave you almost as satisfied.

FreshmenFlyby Front FeatureSnacksFluff

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.