A Guide to Hosting Guests for Harvard-Yale

•

H-Y is this Saturday and Harvard is sure to be swamped with visitors. Plan ahead and check out these tips on ticketing and accommodations for any guests coming this weekend.

1. Buying tickets:

The Harvard Athletic Ticket Office is currently selling tickets for student guests for $40. You can call the office at 617-495-2211, or get them online. Tickets must be picked up in person.  These tickets will still allow guests to get seating in the section reserved for students.

Note: All Harvard students get one ticket for free with their student ID, so if you are lucky enough to find a friend/acquaintance/that-kid-in-your-section who isn’t going, see if you can poach theirs!

2. Spending the night:

Slumber party? You can rent an air mattress from Harvard Student Agencies for just $5. These mattresses must be returned by 2pm the day after you rent them, not including Sundays. AKA rent for Friday night and return it on Saturday by 2pm, or rent on Saturday to have the mattress until Monday at 2pm. Beware of the deadline: late returns are subject to a $10 fine per late day.

3. Tailgate:

The student tailgate starts at 10:30am across the river at the Beren Tennis Center! Unfortunately, you can only get in with a Harvard or Yale ID.  Student ID’s will be checked at the gate. Sorry, visitors!

4. Dining

Dining hall guest meal rates typically range between $8 and $17 (find the exact rates here). For those who want their guests to experience authentic Harvard Square cuisine offerings, check out Flyby’s guides for some hidden gems or cheaper eats in the Square.

Harvard Yale Previewgreat expectationstrendingyuck fale

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.