Harvard Today: March 23, 2015

•
Harvard win, 52-50
Harvard win, 52-50

Happy Monday, Harvard, and welcome back from spring break! Most of the snow is melted, and somehow Cambridge didn’t flood, so this may actually signal the beginning of spring-ish weather. At least, hopefully it does, because we’ve dealt with more than our fair share of winter weather already this semester (snowiest Boston winter on record, anyone?).

IN THE ATMOSPHERE

It’s going to be sunny all day (yay!) but the temperature still isn’t going to get above freezing, and the winds are going to be decently strong all day. Maybe we just have to take what we can get in terms of the weather.

IN THE D-HALL

Lunch:

Chicken Fingers

Philly Cheese Steak Sub

Multigrain Rotini Primavera with Kidney Beans

Dinner:

Beef Pot Pie

Honey Stung Fried Chicken

Vegetable Lo Mein with Tofu

ON FLYBY

1) Flyby on Spring Break: Brooklyn Trapeze Class and 2) Flyby on Spring Break: New Orleans — Read about what our staff writers were up to over break.

IN THE NEWS

1) Signing Off: Harvard Senior Prepares To Call Final Game — “Stumbling downstairs, she found her brother, Ben T. Zauzmer '15, in front of his computer—the blinking lights of Madden capturing his complete attention. It wasn’t your typical eight-year-old at the controls, however. Ben was indifferent about winning, focused on the game itself. Volume turned off, he’d taken the role of his hero—play-by-play man Merrill Reese—calling the game for both sides.”

EVENTS

Beyond the Success Paradigm — the Photography Club and Success Failure Club have created an exhibition telling the stories of successes and failures of Harvard alums. It will be opening today and displayed through April 30th in the Science Center, SOCH, Memorial Hall, Adams ArtSpace, and Northwest Labs.

Breaking into the Performing Arts — RSVP through Crimson Careers to attend the OCS’s event to learn about getting internships and careers in the performing arts. 4pm at the Signet Society.

Screenwriting Seminar — Tonight is the first night of a 3-day screenwriting seminar with David Block. It’s from 6-8pm in Kirkland’s Senior Common Room.

Harvard Today

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.