Flyby Tries: TJ’s Fall Snacks

By Tina Chen

Roses are red, violets are blue, Trader Joe’s fall treats are here, and we’ve tried some for you! It’s that time of year again: sweater weather, crunchy leaves, and pumpkin-spice everything. On our mission to find the best fall-themed snacks, Trader Joe’s comes once again to our rescue, giving us a reason (or excuse?) to make the trip to our favorite grocery store (please sponsor us, TJ). Here are our ratings for the new TJ fall snacks, with a dash of cinnamon, pumpkin spice and everything nice.

Pumpkin Spiced teeny tiny Pretzels

CJZ: 9.5/10. Look at them! They’re so so cute. The pumpkin flavor is amazing and I love the yogurt. They’re so tiny I could probably finish a whole bag of them while suffering over psets.

TC: 10/10. Just the right amount of pumpkin and cinnamon flavor for that festive fall vibe. Sweet from the yogurt dipping, salty from the pretzel itself. Definitely gonna be munching on these to motivate myself through my psets when the dhall Brain Breaks run out of their less-than-exciting plain pretzels.

Pumpkin Cranberry Crisps

CJZ: 7/10. I love the idea of them, but I’m not the hugest fan of cranberries. I think these would be really yummy and aesthetic on a charcuterie board, though!

TC: 6/10. Nice and crisp, with a subtle pumpkin flavor, but there’s nothing really special about it. Maybe it would pair better with a dip or something. I would snack on these if available, but not my first choice selection.

Non-Dairy Pumpkin Oat Beverage

CJZ: 4.5/10. Who at Trader Joe’s comes up with these wack product ideas? I love pumpkin and oat milk separately, but together is just a no. The packaging is adorable, though.

TC: 5/10. I pity people who are lactose intolerant because this just doesn’t slap like real milk. It’s alright — has quite a pumpkin/cinnamon flavor, but it’s not a great aftertaste. 1% milk all the way.

Maple Sea Salt Kettle Corn

CJZ: 7/10. I really enjoyed this! I love sweet and savory combinations, especially the flavor of maple. Would buy again for sure.

TC: 4/10. Looks like regular kettle corn, tastes like regular kettle corn. I guess kettle corn is just sweet popcorn, so the maple flavor is just sweet flavor. Nothing too exciting imo, doesn’t really scream “fall” for me.

Pumpkin Ginger Mini Ice Cream Cone

CJZ: 10/10. THESE ARE SO GOOD!! The gingery pumpkin flavor really comes out, and each cone is the perfect size for a snack (or you can have 3, no judgment). My crappy dorm freezer did melt them a bit, so they were soggy. Still delicious!

TC: 9/10. -1 because these need to be bigger. So good, really can’t go wrong with ice cream tbh. Pumpkin + ice cream = match made in heaven.

We hope this article makes you want to run to the closest Trader Joe’s (a solid 20-minute trek) and stock up on their fall products. Wishing you the best of luck on your TJ’s journey, whether you’re shopping for your next fall-themed extracurricular social or just scouting ingredients for a personal ~autumnal~ charcuterie board. Go crazy!!

FeaturesFlyby BlogFlyby FrontFeatures and Series

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.