1500 TO CROWD REGISTRATION TODAY

MOST FRESHMEN BESIDES MANY UPPERCLASSMEN MUST SIGN UP

Approximately half of the undergraduates at Harvard will have to go through the process of registration all over again on Tuesday. This time, however, they will be signing up for selective service, not for admission or readmission to the College.

For the first time in recent history, Widener Library will open its doors at seven in the morning for the benefit of students from 18 to 20 who wish to get up that early. Registration will continue until nine at night.

Unlike Harvard's registration process, students will not have to sign their name more than once this time. They will be asked only nine questions, and the registrar will do all the writing except for the signature of the signer on his own registration certificate. This certificate must be kept in the personal possession of the individual at all times.

Fifth Registration

In this, the fifth selective service registration, all men born after January 1, 1922, and before June 30, 1924, are required to appear at some time on Tuesday and be registered. Since the average age of Harvard Freshmen is 18 years and three months, most of the Class of 1946 as well as many upperclassmen will have to go through the process.

Among the questions asked will be: full name, home address, mailing address, date of birth, place of birth, occupation, and name of person who will always know your address. Questions about physical description, such as race, height, weight, complexion and color of hair and eyes will be asked.

Card Carefully Sorted

The process is by no means over when the student leaves Widener. All cards received by the local board will be put in order of birth, with those born in January, 1922, at the top, and those born in June, 1924, at the bottom. The top card will then be given the number N-1, the next one N-2, and so on through the line.

This process does not apply to students who are already 20, for they are already eligible to be called up for service. The remaining 18 and 19-year-olds, however, cannot be drafted until Congress passes new legislation to that effect.

Men in Military Science, Naval Science, or any other Army, Navy, and Marine program must also register on Tuesday.