Harvard Back of Haughton.

Communications

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

While the various newspapers of the country, and New York City in particular, are exulting over the so-called "down fall" of the Haughton system, (if you call the loss of one game to Yale in seven years a down fall--I don't) as a loyal Harvard man and a firm supporter of Haughton in defeat as well as victory, I think this is the time that every Harvard man should come to the front and let the public in general and that loyal Yale paper, the New York Tribune in particular, know that we have just as much faith in Haughton today as we had in him one year ago today and nothing on the part of the Harvard Athletic Association should be left undone to induce Mr. Haughton to again coach the team next fall.

I have followed the team very closely all year and tried to keep in touch with it by taking the CRIMSON and the Boston Post daily and while, from time to time, I noticed various comments that the team was not receiving the proper kind of support, there can be no kick coming in regard to the magnificent manner in which the boys from Cambridge stood back of the big Crimson team at New Haven last Saturday, even in the face of most discouraging odds. I think now is the time for the CRIMSON, as the official organ of Harvard, to come out and say in behalf of all Harvard men, that Harvard is still behind Haughton and has all the confidence in the world in the Haughton system, and I believe every Harvard man will agree with me in this statement. Haughton put us where we are today, and it certainly is most unfair and unjust to him to let the slightest doubt creep into his mind that we have lost confidence in his methods. After the team went on the field, Haughton couldn't play the game for them, nor could he coach eleven men to play twelve as seemed to be the case when Mr. Fultz called Casey back and was unable to point out who held when asked by Captain Dadmun. I would appreciate it if you would publish this little article and also write a real one yourself and send a complimentary copy to that loyal Yale supporter, Mr. McGeehan, of the New York Tribune, who heads his column "In All Fairness" and then all season knocked the Harvard team and the Haughton system, the same system that the same Mr. McGeehan will have the pleasure of watching win from Yale next year, if Haughton can again be induced to assume command. Haughton wont fail Harvard any more than Harvard is going to fail Haughton.  "ONE OF THE BOYS."