HILDEGARDE WILL SING AT FRESHMAN SMOKER

Arrangements Are Completed for Affair Which Will Bring Frank Fay, George MacKinnon, and Hugh Clegg

With Hildegarde, "the girl who sings like Garbo looks," and Ella "A Tisket, A Tasket" Fitzgerald as the headline attractions, the plans are complete for the 1942 edition of the annual Freshman Smoker which will take place on Monday night at 9:15 o'clock in Sanders Theatre.

Featuring an all but impossible bevy of talent, and keynoting modern swing, the Smoker as "announced by George Kuhns, committee chairman, will have as Master of Ceremonies, George C. MacKinnon, well known for his column "The Wisdom Box" in the Boston Record.

Frank Fay Will Attend

Roy Eldridge, "hot" trumpet artist. Albert Ammons, "boogoy woogey" pianist, a "now find," Jack Hill and his band, Buddy IIasset of the Boston Bees, "finest singer in the major leagues," and the Harvard Vocal Club fill out the list of talented performers.

Other luminaries who will take part in the gala celebration are the well known humorist, Frank Fay who plans to bring with him his two leading ladies, the Assistant Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Hugh H. Clegg, actor Eddie Dowling, straight from the Pulitzer play, "Our Town," and Victor Jones sports editor of the Boston Glebe.