OUR EXCHANGES.

WE sympathize with the Record! It seems that at Yale too there are those simple and primitive beings who innocently appropriate the magazines in the reading-room. The Record severely remarks, that "the criminals should be dealt with to the full extent of the law"; but its severity is tempered with the milk of human kindness, as we see by the remark that, "should the suspected party choose to make full restitution and explain his conduct to the officers of the reading-room, he will avoid further exposure, and the chastisement incident upon it." What a comfort it must be to suspect somebody!

THE latest trifle which the Cornell Review has touched with its light and airy pen is "Ecclesiastical Gothic Architecture"!

"BOOKS are an unfailing resource"! - Williams Athenoeum.

THE University Reporter, from Iowa, publishes the fourth part of a poem entitled "The Tide of Time." It contains a Miltonic account of Eve's little adventure with the serpent, in four columns. We should like to quote them as a whole, but as this is impossible, refrain altogether, for fear of awakening a desire for more, which we could not gratify.

THE Blackheathen comes to us in an enlarged form, and contains a little more of literary effort, and a little less foot-ball and cricket news, than we find in most of the English school-papers. There is a very spirited prize poem on the Maid of Orleans; but whether it sounds more like the "Lays of Ancient Rome," or the "Lays of the Scottish Cavalier," is an open question.

THE Queen's College Journal quotes a few sentences from a Latin speech of Lord Dufferin's "for the amusement of its readers." We copy it for the amusement of ours:

"Viri illustres, insolitus ut sum ad publicum lo-quendum, ego propero respondere ad complimentum quod recte reverendus prelaticus mihi fecit, in proponendo meam salutem: et supplica vos credere quod multum gratificatus et flattificatus sum honore tam distincto."

After that, who dare boast of the inscription in Memorial Hall?

WE hoped to hear before this the opinion of the Princetonian on the little pistol-fight, but unfortunately the only number since that pleasing event came out yesterday, and has not yet reached us.