FOOT - BALL.

PRINCETON versus HARVARD.

NOTWITHSTANDING the disagreeable weather on Saturday, a large crowd assembled to witness the Foot-Ball game. The rows of seats reserved for ladies through the courtesy of the manager of the club were filled with fair ones and their escorts. The game was called at about 3-25 P. M., after some delay occasioned by a dispute as to the size of the ball, Harvard kicking north and Princeton south. Harvard led off with a good kick, and followed it up so well that in ten minutes Cushing, '77, got a touchdown. Seamans, however, missed the goal. The ball was kept near the Harvard goal for most of the time; but in the last ten minutes of the first three-quarters, Princeton "braced up," and drove it up towards their goal. McCosh of Princeton made a very pretty kick that was much applauded, as was also Ballard's run; but Princeton showed want of practice in passing the ball. At the end of the first three-quarters the game stood: Harvard, one touch-down; Princeton, nothing.

After an interval of about fifteen minutes game was again called, sides having been changed. The Princeton men were evidently working hard, and the ball was kept constantly about the centre of the field. In fifteen minutes Cushing, '79, got a touch-down from a fine kick by Seamans, and the latter, amidst many cheers, kicked the goal. Sides were again changed, and the game resumed. There was hard fighting by both teams, and some good playing. Princeton got a touch-down, but missed the goal.

During the last part of the game Harvard kept the ball near their goal, but nothing more was accomplished. The score of the game was: Harvard, one goal and one touch-down; Princeton, one touch-down.

Princeton called on their substitutes three times; no Harvard man was disabled, though Holmes was slightly hurt in the first part of the game. The match was closely contested, but there were too many bad plays on either side to call it a fine game. The best long kicks were without doubt made by Princeton, but they failed in always having a man on the spot to follow up the advantage; in which latter respect Harvard was "right there." On the Harvard team Seamans's playing was splendid; Blanchard was rugged, and always on hand; Cushing, '79, was omnipresent, turning up at every instant; Holmes worked well; Herrick made some pretty, though not very effective, runs; and Winsor several good dashes. Mr. Wetherbee was much missed; and, in fact, the want of strong rushers, like Messrs. Leeds and Rollins, was much felt.

The Harvard team consisted of - Rushers, Messrs. Cushing, '79 (captain), Keys, Blanchard, Perry, Holmes, Houston, Cushing, '77. Half-tends, Messrs. Herrick, Austin, Curtis, Winsor, Sea-mans. Tends, Messrs. Sheldon, Thomas, Faucon.

The Princeton team was - Rushers, Messrs, E. Nichols, Van Dyke, Potter, Enos, Ballard, McNair, Wylly. Half-tends, Messrs. B. Nichols (captain), Smock, Stewart, McCalmot, McCosh. Tends, Messrs. Cutts, Dodge, Thompson.

The umpires were, Harvard, Mr. Russell, '77; Princeton, Mr. Roessle. Mr. Harrington, of Tufts, officiated as Referee.