SENIOR CLASS ELECTIONS.

THE Seniors met in Boylston Hall last Monday evening to elect officers for Class Day. The meeting was called to order at half past seven by Mr. E. Robinson, chairman of the Committee appointed to arrange the preliminaries for the election. The report of the Committee and the rules drawn up by them for conducting the meeting were read and accepted. The selection of Mr. Thorp as chairman received the approbation of the class, and, after a few preliminary remarks, the business of the evening was introduced.

Mr. Hale was elected Poet, and Mr. Perkins Odist, by acclamation. The office of Chorister was filled by Mr. Heard, who was elected by a large majority over the other nominee, Mr. Cox.

There were five nominations for Orator, and four ballots were taken before any candidate obtained a majority. Mr. Mulligan was the favorite from the start, while Mr. Robinson stood next. Mr. Mulligan was elected by a majority of one vote.

Mr. W. B. Hill was elected by acclamation Ivy Orator.

Messrs. Almy, Alger, and Martin, were nominated for Class Secretary, and on the third ballot Mr. Almy was elected.

No less than nine candidates were proposed for Chairman of the Class-Day Committee. Mr J. T. Coolidge, 3d, was elected on the third ballot. The leading candidates for the second position on this Committee were Messrs. Hanks, Le Roy, and Baylies. At the end of the second ballot Mr. Baylies withdrew in favor of Mr. LeRoy, and on the final ballot Mr. Hanks was elected. Mr. LeRoy received the third position.

Before the election of Class Marshals began, a motion was made to elect Mr. Wright Honorary First Marshal, as it was understood that he would not be able to serve as an active officer. The motion was lost. The First Marshal, Mr. J. T. Bowen, was then elected on a single ballot. On the second ballot for Second Marshal, Mr. Crocker carried the election by a good majority over Mr. Jacobs. Four ballots were taken before electing the Third Marshal. Mr. Burr led in the first three ballots, but after Mr. Jacobs's name, according to the rules of the meeting, was dropped, Mr. Mercer won the election.

Though a good many names were proposed, the struggle for the Chairman of the Class Committee lay between Mr. Robinson and Mr. Preston. Mr. Preston was elected. The second position on this Committee was filled by Mr. Rindge. The third position was not filled until after four ballots were taken, when Mr. Perry received four votes more than the other chief candidate, Mr. Trimble, and was elected.

The meeting was then adjourned at 2 A. M. During the evening about fourteen dollars were collected for the janitor. A great deal of enthusiasm and good-humor pervaded the meeting, though the conduct of a few individuals brought up reminiscences of Freshman days.