THE FOOT-BALL MEETING.

ON Wednesday evening a meeting of the Harvard University Foot-Ball Club was held in Holden Chapel, Mr. L. N. Littauer presiding. The Treasurer's Report was read and accepted. The figures will be found in our Brevity column.

The following officers were then elected : President, Mr. W. S. Otis; Vice-President, Mr. G. R. Sheldon; Secretary and Treasurer, Mr. P. T. Barlow. Captain Cushing stated that he had secured a practice-ground (the field between North Avenue and Holmes Field), and hoped that it would be much used, especially by the men of '80 and '81. There was much work to be done before autumn, when two or more games would be played in Canada, and four or five here in Cambridge; Yale especially was a dangerous rival. The team would probably consist of fifteen men; the question would be decided at the May meeting of the Captains from Yale, Columbia, Princeton, and Harvard. Probably no association would be formed. As to trophies, the balls used at the match-games were not satisfactory for exhibition; and he therefore proposed a prize-flag for every game. After some discussion, it was recommended that three touch-downs should equal a goal, and that four touch-downs should win over a goal, but that a touch-down from which a goal was kicked should not count separately. Captain Cushing urged the team to train somewhat before returning next autumn, when they must work hard and regularly. He spoke of the photographs : the team, probably that which played with Princeton, will be photographed in a group; also each man will be separately photographed in uniform, giving a full-length picture of cabinet size. Appointments should be secured from Mr. N. N. Thayer, 51 Matthews. The meeting then adjourned.