FRESHMEN AT THE TREE.

TO THE EDITORS OF THE CRIMSON:-

I NOTICED in the last number of the Crimson a communication advocating the admission of the Freshmen to the exercises round the Tree. It is very evident that the writer had only in view the fact of pleasing the Freshmen at the expense of the other classes and of the people assembled. In the first place, the enclosure is already overcrowded, and in the second place, the very evident consequence of such a step would be a rush between the two lower classes, which neither adds to the comfort of the Seniors nor to the enjoyment of the ladies, who, in spite of what the gentlemen themselves may think, do not like an exhibition of rudeness which invariably results in bloody noses and torn clothes. If, on the other hand, the Freshmen would agree to remain on the green next to Holden, and not join in a ring round the Tree, I am convinced that the Class-Day Committee would admit them; for this would not crowd the other three classes, and a rush would be avoided. I think the question rests with themselves more than with any one else.

C.THE ATHLETIC MEETINGS.TO THE EDITORS OF THE CRIMSON:-

IN view of the approaching Athletic meetings, I wish to call the attention of all those who intend to enter to the question of apparel. Last year complaint was made by several persons who brought ladies, that some of the contestants were improperly clothed, and, to prevent any further complaint, it may be well to specify what must be worn. Loose drawers to the knee seem the most suitable articles for running or walking, but if contestants wear tights, the Executive Committee will insist upon trunks being worn over them. At the request of the Association, "Oak Hall" has manufactured several costumes at such a price as to be within reach of all, and they are now ready.

WILLIAM HOOPER.