EXCHANGES.

THE last number of the Nassau Lit. is quite entertaining. We think the writer of "Sensationalism in College Life" has "hit the nail on the head." We wish some of our friends would take the article to heart. "The Honest Italian Laborer" is a cleverly written sketch. We judge from the following that the Faculty has interfered with tennis at Princeton : -

Put away the tennis bat,

And lay aside the cue;

No billiard playing after nine,

No tennis after two.

We shall not be surprised to hear next that the Faculty go around and tuck the students up in bed every night at eight.

The last number of the Amherst Student is to our mind rather poor. "Little Annie and her Friends" has at last come to an end. It has fallen flat, like many other college serials. The readers are also favored with an account of the Yale-Amherst football game, a few clippings that have been going the rounds of the college papers for the last six months, some verses, and other matter of a similar sort.

The College Transcript comes to us from Ohio. It is rather more readable than most of our western exchanges. The article on the return of the Chinese students is bright and entertaining. The Fat-men's Corner contains many droll things; one or two, however, we notice that the Transcript would have done well to leave out. We would remind the editors that vulgarity is not wit, and a coarse joke is a serious blot on a college paper.

We wish to acknowledge the receipt from G. P. Putnam's Sons of a pamphlet preface of the second edition of the "Nineteenth Century," a romance. It is a very well-balanced statement of facts, and will go far to remove the prejudices that have heretofore existed with regard to the novel.

THE wealthiest university in the world is at Leyden, Holland, its real estate alone being worth $4,000,000. - Varsity.