GLEE CLUB VS. PIERIAN.

In the presence of about 50 spectators the glee Club and Pierian Sodality played a match game of foot-ball yesterday morning on Jarvis. Play was begun at about 9.40 and consisted of two periods of 20 minutes each. During the first half the glee Club forced the playing and Howard gained a touchdown, but nothing was scored. In the second half the Pierians braced up and kept the ball on their adversaries' territory most of the time, forcing them once to make a safety. This finished the scoring. Many langhable incidents occurred caused by the slippery ground and eagerness of the players. For the Glee Club the best playing was done by Eliot, Baldwin, Howard and Turner. Lemoyne and Bradford made several fine rushes for the Pierian. The teams were composed as follows: Glee Club, Harrison. Howard, Thorndike, Easton, R. Howe, Simmons, and turner, rushers; Gilman, quarter back; Baldwin and Eliot, halfbacks; J. Howe, full-back. Pierian, Coolidge, Carey, Goepp, Mason, Osborne, rushers; Cobb, quarter-back; Bradford and Lemoyne, half-backs. Mr. Woodbury acted as referee; Mr. Bonsal, umpire for Glee Club, Mr. G. Bradford, umpire for Peirians.