Intercollegiate Lawn Tennis.

At the annual meeting held on Wednesday afternoon at Trinity College the following officers were elected for the ensuing year : President, W. P. Knapp, of Yale ; vice president, A. A. Hatch of Trinity ; secretary and treasurer, R. T. H. Halsey of Princeton. In future three single players and two pairs will be allowed from each college. The ball nsed will be the same one as at Newport in that year. The courts at Hartford will probably not be used again, as they are wretched. Tuesday afternoon on the arrival of our team there was a disagreement. After playing a short time on the courts Sears wished to scratch the Harvard entries, but Taylor seemed to wish to play in spite of the ground. They then tried to persuade the Yale team to scratch also, but they refused. In the singles our men drew the poorer players until there were but four men left. Sears drew Knapp, and Taylor drew Brinley. Very few balls bounced correctly, and as is well known Knapp plays directly at the net, while Sears plays a base-line game to a great extent. So that to Knapp it was of no account whether the balls bounced true or not. Sears would have volleyed, too, even though it was playing his opponent's game, were not the balls over weight and very different from what he had been used to. The grounds are beyond repair, and next year the tournament will be conducted elsewhere. The large number of representatives from each college, it is hoped, will induce more men to try for places on our team next fall.