Snow and Foot Ball Combined.

Through sleet and snow very few men made their dreary way to Jarvis Field, yesterday afternoon, to see the University and Freshman elevens busily engaged in practice. The snow was about two inches deep and very slippery, while the sleet blew in the faces and hands of the men, making it very uncomfortable. The air, however, was bracing and favorable to the briskest kind of motions. Mr. Adams, and Mr. Waldo Fuller, '83, were coaching the two teams as up and down the field they made their slippery way. Running and dodging were difficult feats to perform. Tackling was easy and better than previously. Falling on the ball was made attractive by the soft covering of snow which hid from view the hard ground. Burgess did some capital work and promises to give a good account of himself in the Yale game, if not injured. Hopkins of '88, also did well on account of the quickness of his movements. The game with the Graduate eleven, which was to have been played today, has been given up. This news will be a disappointment to the students who were desirous of seeing some of the old foot ball prodigies once more on the field, but as the move was considered for the best interests of our eleven in their preparation to play Yale on Saturday, nobody ought to complain.