The Yale Eleven.

The work of the Yale eleven in the Wesleyan game Saturday, has given an opportunity to judge of the strength of the team this year. The eleven was made up as follows: Right end rush, Robinson, '89; tackle Rhodes, '90; right guard, Brooks, '89; centre, Corbin, '89; left guard, Heffelfinger, '91; tackle, Gill, '89; left end rush, Moyle, 90, and Townsend, '92; quarter-back, Wurtemberg, '89; half-backs, Graves, '91, Morrison, '91; full-back, Tracey, '90.

It will be very difficult to fill the places held last year by Bull, Beecher, Pratt, Carter, and Woodruff. Of the provisional eleven named above, Robinson is a good tackler and blocker, but rather light for the rush line. He was substitute last year. Rhodes is a sure tackler and has great endurance, though he is not so quick as he should be. Brooks is a strong guard, blocking well and a slow and sure tackler. He played last year. Corbin, centre rush and captain, is a powerful man of long experience in foot ball. He is considered the best centre rush in the league Heffelfinger is a new man and though of little experience is already one of the best tacklers on the team. He promises to be a very strong player. Gill is an old hand and the best all round man on the team. He is a very fine tackler and has the faculty of always being where the ball is. Noyes, the left end though suffering from a sprained ankle for several days has been playing a strong game. It is possible that Morrison, '91, may take Rhodes place as tackler and Rhodes go in as left end rush.

Behind the line there is great uncertainty. Wurtemberg, though he gets through well, is slow in picking up the ball and sometimes wild in passing. Morrison, '91, and Graves are probably the best men for half-backs. Morrison is a good kicker and rusher though he is slow in starting and does not ward off well. Graves is sure of either full back or half back as his tackling and kicking are very good. His catching is a little uncertain but his dodging and running are excellent. Tracey, full-back, is an awkward player, and while often making brilliant plays, cannot be depended on in case of emergency. Besides these men, McClung and Morrison, who were half-backs on the Exeter team last year, Adams, Clawson and Bayard have also done well in practice behind the rush line. Clawson was substitute last year but has not the necessary vigor to make a very strong player. Bayard can fill any of the back positions well. Hanson and Ferris, '91 have been doing good rush line work and are sure of places as substitutes.

It is not reported whether Wallace is to play this year though it is rumored that he will appear later.