THE POLO CLUB.

The Polo Club held one of its weekly field-meetings yesterday afternoon on their grounds on Mt. Auburn street. The regular practice days of the club are every Tuesday and Friday. The club consists of about ten members, and has in its stables fourteen ponies. The grounds are about two miles from the square, on the road to Watertown. Yesterday being Decoration Day, a large crowd of both sexes collected along the edge of the grounds to watch the play The grounds consist of a well cut level field about 150 yards long and 75 yards wide. On the right hand side, as you enter, about half way towards the farther goal, there is a small house devoted to dressing-rooms. Very few trees surround the grounds, and in consequence the light is good. The costumes of the players are picturesesque, each one wearing a crimson jersey with a large H on the front, and a small crimson "polo" cap. Yesterday the club was out in full force. At the beginning of the game there were six players present. Mr. Belmont, Mr. Dickey and Mr. Winthrop formed one side, and Mr. Appleton, Mr. French and Mr. Cowdin, the other. Play began at 4.20. After about twenty minutes Mr. Timmins joined Mr. Appleton's side end, and Mr. Onativia, Mr. Belmont's. Play continued about forty minutes when a short rest was taken. After the rest play was continued about twenty minutes. The game was only a practise game, so that no strict account was taken of the goals made by each side. As nearly as could be made out, Mr. Belmot's side made five goals and Mr. Appleton's four. The play throughout was good and at times brilliant. the game itself is very exciting. When the ball is knocked in front of the goal and three or four players come dashing down with their ponies at full speed, with their mallets raised above their heads, one cannot help wondering whether they will hit the ball or the players and their ponies. However, accidents are rare. The club is to be congratulated on its success, as it seemed hardly possible a little while ago that so many active members could be found in the college.