THE HARRIS FELLOWSHIP.

As reports have been circulated that Mr. Grandgent, of the class of '83, who is at present studying in Germany by means of this fellowship, has been suffering from an attack of Roman fever, we are glad to state, through the kindness of a gentleman who has recently received a letter from Mr. Grandgent, that the latter has never been in better health in the last eight months. During the past year Mr. Grandgent has been studying Italian, but has recently moved to Leipsig where he has been matriculated at the University of Leipsig. Here he has been pursuing his studies under Zarncker, Techner, Hildebrand and wulcker. Of the first he says: "Zarncker is even more interesting than I had expected. His lectures are clear, well worded, and to the point; his delivery is excellent and he has the art of imparting his enthusiasm to his audience." Of Techner he says: "Techner, too, has a first rate style of lecturing. He is a young man of about 30 years. He speaks without notes, and so clearly that I have not lost a word of his lectures." Mr. Grandgent will probably remain abroad for several years, and intends to go to Spain before his return and there study the Spanish language and Spanish philology.