Base-Ball.

HARVARD BEATS THE ROLLSTONES BY A SCORE OF 6 TO 2.

Yesterday afternoon in spite of the cold weather, there was a large attendance at the ball game with Technology, which was played on Jarvis field.

The game opened with Harvard at the bat. Wiestling led off with a hit, stole second, obtained his third on a passed ball and came in on an error by Wood who fumbled Henshaw's hit to short stop. Campbell had struck out and Foster flied out to Stone in the left field. Willard got his base on balls but was left at first by Boyden's being assisted out by Smith. Technology got in two hits in this inning but failed to score. The second inning Harvard was shut out while Technology succeeded in getting one man on third and another second with no one out. Boyden put in some good work, Moore struck out and Foster captured two neat flies. In the third inning Wiestling, Foster, Willard and Boyden all made singles and aided by an error of Stone two runs were scored. Technology was retired quickly, two men striking out.

In the fourth inning Campbell and Mumford carried off the honors by making two good hits, Campbell's was a two-bagger. Wiestling did not run anywhere near third and was declared out, so but one run was scored. In the latter half of this inning Harvard made some bad errors, but braced up and Technology again failed to make a record. The fifth and last inning was a walkover for Harvard. Henshaw's three-base hit occasioned much enthusiasm. Technology was retired in short order.

The playing of the Harvard nine was good. Wiestling, Boyden, Henshaw and Foster did the best work. Smith pitched well for the Technology team and was caught by Clement in good form. The latter's catching of foul flies was applauded and with good reason. Ayre on third base did some good playing likewise. Allen, '86, umpired and gave perfect satisfaction. The score:

TECHNOLOGY.

A. B. R. 1B. T. B. P. O. A. E.

Duane, 1b., 3 0 0 0 3 0 2

Edgerton, 2b., 3 0 1 1 1 2 0

Ayre, 3b., 2 0 1 1 3 0 0

Smith, p., 2 0 1 1 0 6 0

Clement, c., 1 0 0 0 7 1 1

Kimball, r. f., 2 0 1 2 0 1 0

Stone, l. f., 1 0 0 0 1 0 2

Moore, c. f., 2 0 0 0 0 0 0

Wood, s. s., 2 0 0 0 0 0 3

- - - - - - -

Totals, 18 0 4 5 15 10 8

HARVARD.

A. B. R. 1B. T. B. P. O. A. E.

Wiestling, s. s., 4 2 3 3 0 1 0

Campbell, r. f., 4 0 1 2 0 0 0

Foster, l. f., 3 1 1 1 2 0 0

Henshaw, c., 3 2 1 3 6 3 1

Willard, 1b., 2 1 1 1 3 0 0

Boyden, p., 2 1 1 1 0 7 1

Loud, c. f., 3 0 0 0 0 0 0

Mumford, 2b., 3 1 1 1 3 0 2

Holden, 3b., 3 0 0 0 1 1 0

- - - - - - -

Totals, 27 8 9 12 15 12 4

Earned runs - none. Two-base hits - Kimball, Campbell. Three-base hit - Henshaw. First base on balls - Boyden, 2; Smith, 2. Struck out - Boyden, 6; Smith, 3. Passed balls - Henshaw, 1; Clement, 2. Left on bases - Harvard, 6; Technology, 4. Umpire - Allen, '86. Time of game - 1h. 55m.