Tennis Association.

The association has the following announcements to make in regard to the play next spring:

A man has been especially engaged to take charge of the courts in future, and will keep them all well rolled and marked out. His first duties will be in regard to the old courts, which are not to be remade until the summer. These, by constant rolling, he will endeavor to put in fair condition. For these courts, players must provide both poles and nets as formerly, and the rule in regard to tennis shoes will here be strictly enforced as also on the new courts.

The new clay courts will be provided with durable poles, to which players for the present will affix their own nets, though the association hope to make a change in this in the future. For the turf courts, both poles and nets will be provided by the association, and set up by the man in charge, as it is necessary to be careful about the turf.

There will be no dues or assessments whatever to the association in future. Any student can bring a stranger on to the courts provided he pays for him in the usual manner, which shall be as follows:

A charge of five cents will be levied from each man playing on the old courts. This charge enables him to play continuously, as long as he wishes. (Leaving the grounds for a short interval will be overlooked). In the same manner a charge of ten cents will be livied on men using the new clay courts. Again, on the grass courts the charges will be fifteen cents for each player, if engaged in a four-handed game, and twenty cents if engaged in a two-handed game. These charges will not seem large in view of our new advantages, and the fact of the necessity of repaying the money loaned by the corporation.

The method of collecting these daily charges will be as follows: Five, ten, fifteen and twenty cent checks will be placed at Bartlett's, the Co-operative store, etc., and can be bought in any number. They can also be purchased of the boy on the grounds. And it shall be the duty of this boy to collect these tickets and the necessary amount of charges from each man, shortly after he begins play for the day. This shall be done, not by the players giving the tickets to the boy himself, but by dropping them into a box with which the boy will be provided. Players are requested to be very careful in this matter, as otherwise it would be easy to defraud the association. A player can transfer from one court to a better one by paying the necessary increased amount, but in no case shall a player be stopped after any length of play on a court. The grass courts will be opened by the annual spring tournament of the college, from which in the singles all players who have previously won a college or inter-collegiate single tournament are barred, thus giving a great chance to the new men.

Any suggestion in regard to the working, charges, etc., of the association, whether received personally or through the columns of the college papers, will have careful consideration, while the association must again call attention to the fact that all money subscribed shall be paid immediately.