A NEW MEMORIAL HALL.

EDITORS DAILY CRIMSON. - In behalf of the many fellows who have not been able to obtain seats in Memorial Hall this year, permit me to say one word. Under the present efficient management the fare has been so improved that it is a pity that anyone who desires to avail himself of these advantages, so admirable in every way, should not be able to do so. The subject of expense at Harvard has been accepted, and with good reason, during the past few months, but while much depends on the students themselves, there are other circumstances wholly beyond student control, which tend to aggravate the evil. One is the lack of proper dormitories, the other, a cause which has always been felt, the impossibility of getting good food at low prices. The fare at Memorial Hall is now very good. Consequently the hall is full. But many men have applied for admittance and there has been no room for them. It may be urged that there may be room bye and bye, but what is wanted is more room now, and it is not likely that as long as the food remains good the number of boarders will be diminished. It has been suggested that the old gymnasium building, now used only for a carpenter's shop, be fitted up temporarily as a dining room and that the food be brought from Memorial before each meal. This scheme may or may not be practical. It may be worth consideration and is submitted as a possible solution of the difficulty.

AN INTERESTED IDEALIST.