SHAKSPEARE CLUB - "REDIVOUS."

The prestige of the Shakespere Club won by good work and conscientious endeavor in the past cannot but occasion regret at its present supineness. There are many reasons why the Shakspere Club should not be allowed to become extinct, as it threatens to become if immediate steps are not taken to revive it, and restore it to its old position of usefulness and popularity. Last year, owing to the indifference of the of the instructor in elocution, the interest taken in the club was allowed to die out owing to the rarity of the meetings and the club itself became practically a thing of the past. This year a few of the old members of the club, who still retain an interest in its success, tried to revive it, but thus far their efforts have been unavailing. Steps should be taken at once by those of the old members who still feel an interest in the study of dramatic expression and desire a higher course of training than that afforded by the elementary courses in elocution, to recognize and restore the club to its old position. What the club needs is an infusion of new blood into its veins, new members who will take a live interest in its success, and maintain its old reputation for activity A meeting of the old members should be called at once, a reorganization should be effected, and new members interested in dramatic study, should be admitted to membership. If this is done we are confident of a restoration of the interest and activity; that were once the characteristics of the Shakespere Club.