FRESHMAN GERMAN AGAIN.

EDITORS DAILY CRIMSON. - Two members of the class of '89 seem to be worrying themselves not a little about the examination in German. The first communication cried "baby," Mr. "Freshman" played "baby." The former, however, was evidently in earnest; the latter either wanted to impress the freshman class and the college in general with his superior ability, (for "because he deliberately shirked the great part of the work," he found some things that he did not know perfectly), or thought that he had found an opportunity for indulging in some (childish) sarcasm.

He forgets that he, too, does not represent the freshman class. I should like to ask him whether he has consulted the faculty about the "excuse," or whether he intends to arrange the matter for "'89." Are his friends, "who know enough German to judge of the difficulty," a majority of the class?

To which "us" does his "let us be just, even if we have been loafing," refer. There seems to be a general confusion in the handling of poor "us." I think the paper was a little hard, but fair. I have been unable, however, to find out what "we" think about it.

E. R. V., '89.