The Inter-Collegiate Games.

In yesterday's paper appeared an account of the candidates at Yale for the Mott Haven team. Below is given a short account of the most prominent candidates in the various colleges of the association, Yale excepted.

Columbia enters a strong team. Safford, '86, won the hurdle race in 1883 and 1884, and has a record of 17 2.5 seconds. Mapes of the Law School has made good time in the 100 and 220 yards dash, and is a good jumper. Ware is very fast in the mile walk, having a record of 7 minutes, 19 seconds. Renton, '87, is one of the best bicyclers in American colleges, and has made very fast time. Stevens, '87, stands a good chance in the pole vault, having a record of 9 feet, 6 inches.

The University of Pennsylvania still possesses several winners in former inter-collegiate contests. Farries of the Medical School won the mile run in 1884 and 1885, with a record of 4 minutes, 40 seconds. Page, '88, holds the amateur championship of America in the running high jump, with the tremendous record of 6 feet, 1-4 in. Brenton, '88, is said to have cleared 21 feet, 4 inches, in the broad jump. Kohler, '87, is the rival of Renton of the University of Pennsylvania in the bicycle race. As it is probable that neither Hamilton of Yale nor Dean of Harvard will enter, the contest lies between them.

Lafayette will enter Godshall, '87, who has a record of 10 feet in the pole vault, and Rohrback, '87, who has made a big record in putting the shot.

Princeton is said to have fifty-one candidates in training. Adams, '88, who has thrown the hammer 90 feet in practice, and Toler, '86, the inter-collegiate champion in the pole vault are the most prominent men.

The University of Michigan has the impression that Bourne, who secured one or two events last year by false starts, will win several events this year. He is a very good all around man.