The New Library for the Divinity School.

A few rods northeast of Divinity Hall the foundations for the new theological library have been staked out and the work of erection will soon begin. This site for the building is chosen because it is planned to make a quadrangle of the library, Divinity Hall, and at some future date of a chapel which will be to the southeast of Divinity. The woods to the east will complete the square. The new library building is to be of red brick with brown sand stone trimmings, and will contain four lecture rooms, a stack which will hold 40,000 volumes, and a reading room with a large open fire place, thus adding much to the comfort of the readers. The building will cost about $40,000 when completed and will supply a want of which students in the Divinity School have long felt the need. At present Divinity Hall embraces a library, a dormitory and lecture rooms. As the new building will make the lecture rooms and the library superfluous, these rooms will be changed into sleeping apartments, and the whole of the interior of Divinity will be renovated so as to give each student a separate bed-room and study. The new building will be ready for occupancy in the fall of '87.