Prayer of the Presidents.

PRIZE RECITAL.

A philanthropic gentleman, desirous to further among his younger fellow-countrymen familiarity with Washington's "New-Year Aspiration," has proposed and partially provided for certain Competitive Prize Recitals thereof, to take place in the last week of this year, in each town or city containing prominent literary institutions.

In order to a speedy arrangement of the details, each educator, clergyman, journalist, matron or fraternity chaplain herewith furnished with a copy of the book is requested to send to the undersigned, before February, any pertinent suggestions; and (having meanwhile invited attention of his or her young friends to the matter) to report approximately how many may probably enter the lists.

An additional copy can be procured by enclosing five two-cent stamps to the publisher, Geo. E. Littlefield, Antique Bookstore, Cornill, Boston.

As will be seen on perusal, "The Prayer of the Presidents being Washington's New-Year Aspiration," etc., is an unsetarian amplification of the Lord's Prayer, and peculiarly of practical use to every earnest young man and woman in this age and country. The Critic says: -

"Whoever seeks to solve the problem of Prayer-and-Providence' (namely, whether Supplication is only a vehicle for Aspiration), should ponder 'The Prayer of the Presidents;' a model prayer, devoted as the verse of Wesley, dignified as the style of Washington, undogmatic and rational - not to say witty - as the words of Lincoln."

F. S. ABIFF.