Death of Henry Jacob Powell.

Shortly after twelve o'clock last Saturday night, Henry Jacob Powell, of the sophomore class, was found dead in his bedroom, No. 5 Holworthy. The door leading from his study to his bedroom was closed, and when opened a quantity of coal gas rushed out which had been escaping from a gas jet evidently purposely turned on. On the desk in his study was found a medicine chest, apparently new, from which the phial of nuxvomica was missing. This was immediately found in the center of the room entirely emptied of its contents. There was also on the desk an encyclopedia opened at the letter H, and on the top of the page was written "I think I must be crazy." These were the only words which could be found having a direct bearing on the cause of his death. The young man's parents, who live in New York, were at once notified of their son's suicide.

Men who dine in Memorial Hall are again remind that the box for newspapers for the hospital has been placed at the main door leading from the dining room into the transept.