Concert in Sanders Theatre.

The audience that enjoyed last night's concert was somewhat diminished in number, which was due, no doubt, to the inclemency of the weather. The programme was a very light and pleasing one, consisting of the following numbers:

C. M. v. Weber.

Overture, (Freischuetz.)

J. Weiniawski.

Faust Fantasie for violin.

A. Dvorak.

Slavonic Rhapsody, No. 1, op. 45. (First time.)

Jos. Haydn. Symphony in G. (Oxford).

Adagio; Allegro spiritoso.

Adagio-Menuetto (Allegretto) Presto.

The overture to the Freichuetz was given with great warmth and vigor, notwithstanding slight uncertainness in the horns. The most interesting number on the programme was Mr. Kneisel's solo. The piece is a difficult one and requires enormous technique as well as sureness on the part of the player in order to be enjoyed. Mr. Kneisel possesses both these requisites. His playing of the chromatic runs, double stops, and artificial harmonics was perfection itself. A member of his delicate and chromatic runs, however, were lost to the auditor, being drowned by the din of the orchestra. The soloist richly deserved the encore he received. Dvorak's Rhapsody No. 1 is rather trivial in character and partakes somewhat of the characteristics of wild Scotch music. Considered as a light piece of music, its bold conception is admirable. Its principal motives were admirably brought out by the orchestra. The last number on the programme was Haydn's Oxford Symphony which was exceedingly delicately and conscientiously rendered. The beautiful quality of the strings was especially noticeable in the first Adagio movement and was not lacking in the well known Menuetto. The phrasing of the oboe was not what it might have been, but with this exception no other unfavorable criticism can be made.