Fact and Rumor.

The recitation in Latin 5 was omitted yesterday.

Griffin '86 has been appointed manager of the lacrosse twelve.

E. E. Hamlin, '86, has again begun rowing with the junior crew.

There are but seven men training for the Cornell crew.- [Ex.

A party of juniors are now on a shooting trip, at Chatham.

F. S. Palmer, '87, has left college and gone West.

The average attendance at the Harvard Union during the last half-year was 125.

History 1 has begun the study of Seebohm's " Era of the Protestant Revolution."

According to the Princetonian, 70 per cent. of the students of Princeton are church members.

As Prof. Torrey was suffering from the effects of a bad cold yesterday, the lecture in History 15 was omitted.

The second eight of the Pi Eta from '86 are, H. T. Allen; H. T. Chase; Churchill, Holt; G. P. Hurd; Porter; Richards; C. H. Smith.

Rev. A. P. Peabody, D. D. will deliver the baccalaureate sermon before the class of '85, and will act as chaplain on class day.

There was a large attendance at the seventeenth annual reunion of the Bowdoin College Alumni Association, Wednesday evening, at Young's Hotel.

The performance of Twelfth Night last evening was attended by an unusually large number of Harvard students.

Prof. Shaler wishes those students who intend to pursue geological studies during the summer, to hand their names in as soon as possible.

The knoll on which the house of President Eliot stands has been converted into a kind of toboggan slide by the Cambridge juveniles.

Keyes and Penrose of the University crew have both been compelled to cease rowing for a short time on account of illness.

The collectors for the Tennis Association have already begun their duties, and report that the sentiment of the students is most favorable toward the new plans of the society.

At a meeting of Tufts college last week, it was decided to have a field day, and also to apply for admission to the Inter-collegiate Athletic Association.

The new subscriptions to the Lampoon ought to be handed in as soon as possible, as the paper ought to be put on a firm basis before it loses the services of '85 board.

Only ten days remain before the 1st of March, when the senior photographs must all be taken. Everyone who has not had a sitting should make an appointment at the Studio at once.

It is reported that the photographs taken the other day of Memorial Hall at lunch, are remarkably successful, the facial expressions at the various tables being easily distinguished.

The Board of Overseers have refused to sanction the vote of the Faculty that the Quinquennial catalogue be written in English instead of Latin. Consequently, as hitherto, Anglo Saxon names will continue to be distorted into barbarous Latin.

The Brown nine are planntng a trip among the Southern colleges in the spring, to enable them to obtain practice against college teams before they begin their struggle for the Inter-collegiate championship.

The first twenty-five of the Hasty Pudding Club from the class of '86 is as follows: Adams, W. L. Allen, Ames, W. Baker, Barnes, Borland, Cabot, D. C. Clark, Edgerly, Fessenden, Hearst, Kimball, Minot, Parker, Peabody, Phillips, Rathbone, Sanborn, Sedgwick, R. D. Smith, Vogel, Whitman, Wilson, Winthrop.