Fact and Rumor.

The beer-night of the Pierian Sodality last evening was a great success.

Rev. Philip S. Moxon will preach in Appleton Chapel to-morrow evening.

The annual income of Oxford University is said to be one million dollars.

The University of Michigan will celebrate its fiftieth aniversary this spring.

The candidates for the 'Varsity crew went on a long walk Thursday afternoon.

The Columbiad, published annually by the juniors of Columbia, appeared last week.

Mr. R. B. Mahany, '88, attended the recent Psi Upsilon Convention in New York.

E. Sturgis and Crehore have been appointed stewards of the H. A. A. from the class of ninety.

The Pierian Sodality gave a concert last evening in aid of the combined strikers and strikees.

After the rehearsal last evening the Pierian Sodality gave a very enjoyable open-air concert in the Yard.

At present, Bishop, the mind reader, is the principal attraction for seekers of amusement at New Haven.

This morning the first lecture on Alexander Pope will be given to the freshman class by Professor Hill.

The annual "bowl fight" between the sophomores and freshmen at the University of Pennsylvania will not be held this year.

There are over forty candidates for the Yale Mott Haven team, including three winners of first prizes last year.

Prof. H. H. Boyeson of Columbia, in a recent lecture, pronounced Shelley pre-eminently the poet of desire and idealism.

Several games of base-ball have already been played in New Orleans under the new rules, and much dissatisfaction is found with them. - Ex.

Master-Workman Pike, who has headed the recent strike of the employees of the Cambridge railway, has resigned his position. Now, perhaps, we shall have some peace in Cambridge.

At the ninth annual meeting and dinner of the Harvard Odontological Society, held at Young's Hotel, Feb. 26, 1887, Dr. C. H. Taft of the class of '81 was chosen to deliver the address at the next annual meeting of the society.

A Peace Jubilee Concert was tendered last evening by the Pierian Sodality in commemoration of the ending of the Cambridge railroad strike. The pleasing melodies were appreciated by many.

The entries from Harvard for the light weight-sparring at the Technology games this afternoon are W. Austin, '87, D. M. Ashe, '87, W. Hillebrand, '87, and F. B. Curtis, '90; the only entry for the feather-weight sparring is Clement, '88.

Wednesday night a hearing was had before the board of aldermen of Cambridge on the Meigs elevated railroad question. The petition of Mr. Meigs for a location in Cambridge was opposed by the Cambridge Railroad Company, but a petition signed by 4000 citizens of Cambridge was presented in favor of the proposed road. No definite action was taken by the aldermen.

The grand torchlight procession of the strikers on the horse-car railroad, which was awaited with so much eagerness by the students, occurred last night. Instead of 5000 men in line there were scarcely half that number. A few of the Knights carried torches, others had transparencies bearing inscriptions, such as "Justice," "Anti-Monopoly," "We Own the Streets," "The Ballot is Our Only Weapon," etc. There was very little disturbance, and only one man arrested, the cause of some excitement.