THE ELECTIVE PAMPHLET.

EDITORS DAILY CRIMSON: As the elective pamphlet is soon to be published, it seems a fit time to protest against the insufficient information furnished in regard to the number of hours in the various courses having laboratory work. Neither in the elective pamphlet, nor in the catalogue, nor in many of the special descriptive pamphlets, are the number of hours to be found. The only way to find out is to hunt up the instructor, who, by some natural law that we do not understand, is usually out in such circumstances, especially at the beginning and end of the year, when one wants information most. One might naturally suppose, for instance, that Chemistry 3 occupied three hours a week instead of between eight and twelve, of which no mention is made.

Again, in some courses, the laboratory work must come on certain days, which is hard on those who, knowing nothing about it beforehand, have arranged most of their work for those days. This mal-arrangement is generally remedied by endless changes and petitions to the faculty, which would be saved by a little knowledge beforehand.

Instances might be multiplied but each of us can probably remember some hours spent in attempts to get the information that might be, and ought to be, put in the elective pamphlet.

EGALITE.