Winter Tennis Tournament.

Circulars have been received by the CRIMSON announcing a winter tennis tournament at St. Augustine, Florida. Many men in college will doubtless be interested in the plan. Several noted tennis players are prime movers in the affair, and among them Mr. R. D. Sears, formerly of Harvard. "A season of exceptional brilliancy is assured this winter at St. Augustine by the opening of the new palatial hotels. Among the events of interest proposed is a series of out-door tennis tournaments for both ladies and gentlemen, in singles, doubles and pairs, to be held about the middle of March, for which entries are solicited by the committee. A permanent organization will be effected, and a valuable prize offered by residents for annual competition. A feature of interest is the expected entry of well-known Englishmen."

Fares and accommodations are as follows: "Excursion rates good until May, from New York, all rail, will be about $52-through to St. Augustine and return. First-class steamships leave New York for Savannah and Charleston, with a through rate of about $45-to St. Augustine and return, which includes state-room and living at sea." Ample and luxurious accommodations can be obtained at the hotels in St. Augustine.

"An entrance fee of three dollars will be charged. Complete details may be had on application to the secretary of the committee, at St. Augustine, Florida.

RICHARD D. SEARS, BOSTON.

VAN R. STUYVESANT, New York.

L. HARRISON DULLES, Philadelphia.

GEO. STUART SMITH, Secretary.

St. Augustine, Fla.