Address this Evening by Henry Cabot Lodge.

Those who wish to hear what a Harvard graduate, observer and former instructor in American History has to say on the issues of the present campaign will have an opportunity to do so on Wednesday evening, October 17, at Union Hall, Main street, Cambridge-port, when Henry Cabot Lodge, '71, is to make his only speech in Cambridge during the campaign. He is a good example, to men of all parties, of the scholar in politics. Taking a Ph. D. in 1875 for his essay on Anglo-Saxon Sand-Saws, he became successively university lecturer, editor of the North American and of the International Review, representative in the legislature, overseer of the college and congressman. He was also vice-president of the Constitutional Centennial Commission last year, and is, besides, the author of a history of the colonies, of biographies of Webster and Hamilton, and of several other works. He voted for Greely in 1872, and it was a surprise to many when he remained with the Republican party in 1884, and became chairman of the State Committee.