Harvard, 14; Williams, 6.

The Harvard eleven defeated the Williams team yesterday by a score of 14 to 6. The field was in the worst possible condition, being so muday and slippery that good playing was impossible for the Harvard team. The Williams men were evidently used to playing in mud, for the condition of the ground did not appear to hamper them much. Time was called at 3 18, Harvard having the ball and the Williams team playing with the wind in its favor. The ball was kept in the centre of the field when it was forced to Williams ten-yard line. A rush and a kick by Williams carried the ball into Harvard territory. Sears punted and Harvard got the ball on a fumble. Rushes by Sears, Wadsworth and Fitzhugh carried the ball to the line and Sears rushed it across making the first touchdown. Time, 20 minutes. Fitzhugh missed the goal. Williams kicked to the middle of the field where the ball was kept till rushes by Dean and Sears and punts by Sears forced the ball to Williams ten-yard line. Kicks by the Williams back sent the ball to the centre of the field again where Harding got the ball and carried it well into Williams territory again. Williams getting the ball on four downs, forced it down the field by rushes and a long punt, when the Williams rushers, getting the ball. had it down on Harvards fifteen yard line. The Williams back, by a good rush, carried it across the line, making a touchdown for Williams from which a goal was kicked. Time 40 minutes. Score, Harvard, 4; Williams, 6. No more points were scored this half and time was called with the ball in Harvard's possession.

Williams had the ball at the beginning of the second half and at once forced it to Harvard's five-yard line, when Harvard began for the first time to play with some snap. The ball went to Harvard on four downs. Sears kicked and Cumnock got the ball. Harvard forced the ball towards Williams' goal, but lost considerable ground by the decisions of the umpire in favor of Williams for off-side play by Harvard. Harvard finally got the ball on the Williams fifteen-yard line, and rushes by Sears carried the ball across the line. The ball was punted out and fumbled, and Cranston had it down on the ten-yard line. Sears again carried it across the line and made the third touchdown for Harvard. Time 10 minutes. Fitzhugh tried for goal but missed, and Williams had the ball down on the three-yard line, when the Harvard rushers broke through and forced Williams to make a safety touchdown. This was the last point scored. Harvard had the ball on the ten-yard line when time was called. Final score: Harvard, 14; Williams, 5.

Nearly all the Williams rushers held with their arms, but the umpire did not rule their playing foul. This was a heavy disadvantage for the Harvard men, who blocked only with their bodies, according to rule. The Harvard rushers did not get through the Williams rush line at all. This fault was partly excusable, however, on account of the slippery condition of the field. They are still weak in tackling and blocking and slow in dropping on the ball.

The University team plays the Andover eleven at Andover today, and will be essentially the same as that which played at Williamstown yesterday.