Concerts at Roxbury and Watertown.

The Glee and Banjo Clubs gave a very successful concert at Roxbury last Thursday evening for the benefit of the St. James Episcopal Church. The audience, which numbered about five hundred, seemed to enjoy the singing and playing and applauded generously. Considering that it was the first formal concert of the year, the work of both clubs was very good. The singing of the Glee Club is still a little unsteady, owing to the large proportion of new men. This defect will be removed before the Cambridge concert by daily rehearsals. The Banjo Club is playing better than ever before, and its preparation for the Cambridge concert is almost completed. The prospect of the Western tour has been a great stimulus to the work of both clubs, and the result will be very apparent next Thursday evening.

Last Friday evening the Glee Club gave a concert at the Town Hall, Watertown, under the auspices of the Unitarian Club. About one-fourth of the men were absent, including several of the soloists. The solos were taken by other men, and an improvised quartette made up for the other deficiences, so on the whole the concert was successful.